Boston Bike Party is a monthly social group bike ride at casual pace. It’s completely free and open to the public to participate in, and is completely volunteer-run by collective of people who like to ride bikes. The goal is to build community while having a blast on bikes!
Starting This Month (June 2015), We’re Switching Gears and Riding in “Summer Mode!”
What makes Bike Party awesome:
- Themed group bike rides with other people who like to ride bikes!
- New routes every month explore all different neighborhoods and landmarks in and around Boston!
- Bike party MUSIC played on the Bike Party sound system on every ride, with a crowd-sourced music playlist YOU and other bike partiers help create!
- New after-party spots for socializing with other bike-partiers after every ride!
What to bring on Bike Party for maximum fun:
- Extra sparkly bike lights and/or shiny flare
- Costumes! (According to our monthly ride themes)
How we ride in a group: We stick to these simple guidelines to stay safe and to promote positive relations between cyclists, drivers, and pedestrians.
- Stick to riding in one lane and off of sidewalks
- Never ride the wrong-way against traffic
- Stop at red lights and stop signs
- Ride straight and predictably
- Ride smart. Don’t ride inebriated or unsafely.
- Remind others to be safe and to follow the rules of the road.
- Stick together! It isn’t a race to the end, it’s a social ride together. If the group is held back, wait. If you fall behind, catch up!
You are responsible for your own behavior! All participants ride at their own risk.