This month’s bike party falls on Friday the 13th before Valentine’s day, so we’re pushing our bad luck for good love (since Cupid has terrible aim). Bring your broken hearts and shattered mirrors, ‘cuz this month we #GetUnlucky
- Friday the 13th, February
- Departs from: Copley Square, 7:30pm
- Facebook Event Page
Here is your LookBook:
Continue reading “Get Unlucky – LookBook”
A few things you need to know about tonight’s time travels:
- We’ll have SHORT RIDE (4 miles, about 30 minutes) DEPARTING AT 7:45PM from Copley Sq. Get there BEFORE 7:45PM. (Here’s our final route for tonight!)
- Time travel is COLD, dress warm for below-freezing temperature.
- JOIN US AT Hub Bicycle Co. for the after-party (1036 Cambridge St. Cambridge.) if you miss the start of the ride or aren’t prepared for tonight’s sub-freezing time travel and still want to party with us! We’ll have:
- FREE PIZZA from All-Star Pizza thanks to Gogobot
- REFRESHMENTS thanks to Harpoon Brewery, plus some non-alcoholic ones too!
- BRING ID + SOME CASH$$$ for donations.
- Last but not least, CHARGE YOUR FLUX CAPACITORS, we’re aiming for 1.21 GIGAWATTS! (Here’s how)
-Back Bay Time Travelers
Bike Partiers, we are stuck in Back Bay and it’s the year 1985! We have got to get back to the year 2015! The good news is, we’ll be able to harness all 1.21 GIGAWATTS of BIKE POWER destined to hit Copley Square at approximately 7:30pm on Friday, January 16th! If our calculations are correct, then when Boston Bike Party hits 8.8MPH, we’ll be able to get from BACK BAY TO THE FUTURE! Bike Partiers, you’re our only hope…SEE YOU THERE!!!!
- January 16, 2015
- Copley Square
- Facebook Event (Bring friends, we’re gonna need all the gigawatts of pedal-power we can get!)
Here’s your Lookbook:
We’re proud to say that 2014 was Boston Bike Party’s first complete calendar year, with a ride every month from January through December. That’s twelve months, twelve bike parties, involving everything from pirate flags, school spirit, robots, dinosaurs, spaceships, birthday cake, red socks, and GRRRL power! Not only did we have upwards of 400 riders come out for rides this year; 2014 brought new Bike Party experiences, playlists, graphics, Facebook profile photos, and countless new friendships.
Save The Date :January 16th, 2015!
Since January has five Fridays (woot!) we’re going to shake it up by bike partying on the THIRD Friday. This will give everyone more time to: Go skiing, make gingerbread houses, turn snow from white to yellow, or whatever else you crazy kids like to do in the winter. Just save the date… you won’t be disappointed.
-Team Boston Bike Party.
it’s coming. We’ve been warned; the signs are all there: dropping temperatures, naked trees, frozen bike lanes…That’s right, we thought so too..Boston’s about to enter its next ICE AGE. This month, come chill with Boston Bike Party, because ain’t no party like a glacial, multi-million year (you’re gonna need a warm pair of socks!) ICE AGE Bike Party! Check out the LookBook below for tips on how to survive this Friday’s impending ICEAGE!
- Friday Dec. 12th, 7:30pm
- Copley Square
- Facebook Event Page
- Bring gifts to donate, we’re hosting a holiday gift drive!
On Friday, November 14th, over 170 space travelers gathered at the the Boston Bike Party Space Agency (BBPSA) launchpad at Copley Square to explore outer space, making history on the first ever Boston Bike Party Space Odyssey. Tag your friends in our Spacebook photo album, and check out the recap below on what we discovered when we ventured into space, the final frontier:
It’s hard for me to imagine a Boston before Bike Party (what was I even doing with my life on 2nd Fridays of every month if not dressing up as a Fung Wah bus to ride bikes with hundreds of people?!) , but just eighteen months ago, Boston Bike Party was nothing more than a neat idea I was discussing with two others over margaritas at Lone Star Taco Bar in Allston. Eighteen Bike Parties later we have many people to be thankful for who have helped make Boston Bike Party possible:
This month, join Boston Bike Party on a Space Odyssey as we journey to galaxies far, far, away, destination unknown.
- Launchpad: Copley Sq.
- Date: November, 14, 2014
- Time: 7:30pm, liftoff at 8pm
- Facebook Event
- ->RIDE RECAP<-
Preparing or liftoff in 5…4…3…2…1….